Friday, May 7, 2010

. . .



This is Stacey :) It's been another GREAT day! However, it is 10:50 and I was awake by 5:20 so I have no cute title for you and this may be a shorter post than you're used to. . .but maybe not. . .

We are in San Marcos, about an hour from Managua. The weather is great and the drive here was picturesque (I think I may be annoying to some when I want stop to get a picture of everything. . . not sure, Jill?). Coming here, as we talked about our topics for discussion, I wasn't sure we had as much to offer these women who are well versed in the bible; now it is obvious we were placed here with purpose. We can tell they truly appreciate our willingness to take time away from our families to inquire and talk about their lives as they usually spend their days serving others and neglecting themselves.

It took a little bit for the women to relax and open up but shortly after Tiffany's warm up activities, it was obvious these ladies were here for some serious R & R. Their silliness and laughter was music to our ears. A few even seem as if they are our Nicaraguan Hannah's circle equivalents.

We continue to do our best communicating in Spanish, but I realized earlier in the day I said, Escuche me for excuse me instead of permisso; so instead I was telling them, "Listen to me" as I passed by. At dinner, I was impressed by Katy's ability to comprehend a woman's request for the rest of her meal. Also, this evening when Lee Anne opted for gesture over Spanglish, the woman understood her to say, "Make my bed!" and she did. . .

Testimonies were shared by Katy and Tiffany today. Both were powerful and led to great discussions about fear, boundaries and relationships.

I look forward to tomorrow. . .

Jeff and Griff, I can't wait to give you lots of hugs when I get home. Thanks for letting me have this time. It has been an amazing experience. I love you so much! oxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Good morning beautiful, (Tiffany) how was your night? I am happy to hear of all the things God is doing through all of you and especially that you (Tiff) shared your testimony. Your testimony is beautiful of how God has worked/and is working in your life.

    Mom and dad left on Friday morning and Sharon and Carlee got here a little after 8pm. Sharon brought Selah a tea set which was great. They've been playing.

    Selah said. "I love you. I am praying for you. Happy Mother's Day mommy. I love the baby."

    We love you and miss you terribly. Can't wait to see you. Have a great Mother's Day and we are counting down the days to see you.

    Love,
    Tim, Selah and Josiah

    PS Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey,
    I am SO proud of you (especially for staying awake so long!!) Everyone here says hello and are keeping you in their prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I had 19 screaming, running, crazy children at my house for a "Dance party" last night...I felt like I was speaking spanish, since no one was listening :)

    ReplyDelete