Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hosanna, Happy Birthday and Happy Meals




Hi all! (This is Kim.)
Today is Sunday - and also Mother's day for all of us. Kind of bittersweet. We are glad to be here, but also miss our families and children. We love you all and look forward to seeing you soon!
This morning started off AWESOME. We went to Hosanna-Nicaragua. It is the church that Hellen (CFCI director) and Caroline (with CFCI & our translator) attend. It reminded me so much of Seacoast. Especially when Hellen and Caroline discovered they attend the same church as we were deciding which church to go to. (what??? I go there, too!) The main auditorium is huge, and their worship experience is similar to ours (words on the screens with a moving background), plus their sound board is about the size of West's sound booth. Even had traffic control in the parking lot. Too funny.

Then we had lunch at McDonalds... (I'll have a numero cuatro and a mango mcflurry, por favor.) Griff, your mom has a surprise for you!!

Then it was off to finish painting the room at Nueva Imagen that the women have their bible study in. The results are in the pic above. I think it turned out great. I pray the women have excellent bible studies like we do, HC ladies! When we were done, a few of us bought some Dulce de leche popsicles from a street vendor. Those were delish.

Then - off to a market...ok, well it was a Walmart, but they had a great selection of Nicaraguan delacacies. Who wants coffee?!?!

And last, but certainly NOT least, we celebrated Katy's birthday. When we got (ok, I almost wrote "home") back to the Baptist House, the eating area was decorated with balloons and streamers - and a big Happy Birthday sign. After dinner we celebrated with the CFCI staff. Thanks to Celini for the "tres leches" cake. It was muy bien.

Ok, now that I've used my 10 Spanish words, I'll sign off for the evening...blessings to all -

And to my precious family - I love you guys SO much. Thanks for the great mothers day pic you sent!

5 comments:

  1. Happy late Mother's Day to all! Stac- I am so happy you got to get McDonalds :O) I hope you have a very safe trip home and can't wait to hear all about it!
    Miss & love you, chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Stacey, Happy mother's day. it looks to me, that no matter how many gruff ups there are, things come out already. i am sure the lord as his hands in that.

    love ya all
    aunt donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim/Mom!
    We missed you yesterday, too, but you were in our thoughts all day! Mothers' day can be celebrated when you get back (mothers should be celebrated more often anyway!). Glad you've gotten the pictures! Glad you mentioned the coffee, I almost bought you some today. You & the team continue to enjoy every minute you have left! Have a safe trip back and we'll see you when you get home!

    ¡Te queremos!
    Trace, Sam, Sarah & Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved reading all of your posts during your week. You all make HC proud & we can't wait to hear everything! Safe travels tomorrow! You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete