Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jumping in!




I'm just not sure where to start with the post tonight (this is Janet, by the way). What an amazing place this is. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we love it here. We jumped all in first thing this morning at 5:15...the sun comes up really early here! =) We spent the day at Nueva Imagen meeting with the core women, getting to know each other, doing some initial team building activities, oh, and a whole lot of painting! We were asked to paint the room that the ladies use (you can see the before picture above...the after picture will be posted later as the project is not finished yet). Each of the ladies we met today is so gracious and thankful and beautiful. We're really looking forward to tomorrow when we go back and can start sharing our testimonies and really begin loving on each other. And for those of you who were wondering if we were going to come back a little slimmer, well, I hate to make you jealous, but the food they are serving us is FABULOUS! I'd post the pictures of the meals we're eating, but it takes to long to load the pics. =)
I'm having a hard time with words as I'm writing this because there are so many emotions that are stirred up within me right now. All I can say to make any sense of it to y'all is that God is all over this mission. The work that is going on at Nueva Imagen is life changing and I feel so humbled to be asked to be a part of this. Though our cultures and lives are completely different, we still have our common ground in womenhood, motherhood, and sisterhood in Christ.
We are surely having more fun than we ought to be, but I don't see how it could be any other way with the girls on this team. Can't wait to see what the Lord brings us to tomorrow.
I love you, Keith, Sam and Ruby. Can't wait to share all my stories with y'all when I come home. Love to everyone and thanks for your continued prayers.

2 comments:

  1. i have tears in my eyes! So glad you all are doing well and loving the mission trip. I can't wait to hear all about it and to see the pictures! Thanks for the post.
    praying for each of you!
    love,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears, yes......I'm so glad you posted Janet, because I have been thinking about you NONSTOP! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete